Berkey® is a unique patented design that provides for the need of natural water purification in a changed world, while still maintaining the essential minerals provided for us by nature. The Berkey® solution utilises the convenience when camping or on the move to maintain quality essential purified water as if you were at home without compromise. The outdoors now takes on a whole new level of preparedness. Be safe with a Berkey® purified safe water source.
Includes a sample size of 99.9986% Pure Medical Grade Colloidal Silver Rod to place in the bottom chamber of your Berkey® system, large enough to preserve your purified water for the life of the system, your water will shine continuously, all other systems on the market today do not provide this storage benefit after water contact with the purifier or filter Silver impregnated media is over, go for holidays, come home and still have safe purified water. Read more about the benefits of Silver here. Our lifetime gift to you FREE
What comes in the box with this offer? What you see in the picture and as below description
Does Not Include Black Berkey® Purification Element
Important !!! If you have a two filter Berkey® System and you used 15 Litres of water per day. You would multiply 2 (#of filters) by 11,000 Litres = 22,000 (Total Life), then divide 22,000 by 15 (total use) = 1460 days the filters will last, That's four years! The Black Berkey® Purification Elements in your unit will never stop working. The real Value is divide the Price by 4 years = the Cost savings on a High Quality Berkey® Product
Kit includes: upper and lower stainless steel chambers, NO Black Berkey® Purification Element, 1 wingnut, 1 washer, 1 priming button, 1 stainless steel lid and 1 Black Berkey Primer™, 1 Generic Sport Berkey® Bottle (22 oz.) 650ml, 1 Berkey vinyl case
- The lightweight, compact and easily transportable Go Berkey® Kit is designed for camping, backpacking, school, travel, or in times of emergency.
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 1 quart (.95 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 10" in height
- Maximum Filters: One Black Berkey® Purification Element (upper chamber)
- Kit includes: upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 1 Black Berkey® Purification Element, 1 wingnut, 1 washer, 1 priming button, 1 stainless steel lid, vinyl carrying case AND NOW kit includes Black Berkey Primer™ especially for use when camping or no town water available for priming the Black Berkey®
- Height when in use: 14" (355 mm)
- Diameter: 4" (101 mm)
- Weight: 2.4 lbs empty (1.1 kg)
- Serves: 1 or 2 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with 1 Black Berkey® Purification Element, the Go Berkey® Kit can produce up to one gallon (3.8 liters) of purified drinking water per hour
- Not compatible with Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements
- PLEASE REMEMBER; When priming the Black Berkey purifier use only a slow water flow, spraying water when priming is not a water pressure issue, it is a water flow rate issue. Slow flow that is the Go!!!
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
The surety and effectiveness of the Black Berkey® Purification Elements to remove micro size particles, viruses, protozoa and bacterium is found in the extensive testing results of many independent laboratories, in their findings is found that Black Berkey® Purification Elements exceed the NSF 53 standard. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements test results proved Log 4 (99.99%) Log 5 (99.999%) Log 6 (99.9999%) and Log 9 (99.9999999%) level of micro purification, the micro pores of the Black Berkey® Purification Elements are reported as small as 0.1 micron. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements exceeds the filtration class and are classified as a Purifier. More information is available along with multiple in-depth PDF lab reports below and you can also read more in depth about Black Berkey® Purification Elements micron rating here.
In response to recent customers concerns and increased website traffic over a recent article by "The Guardian" over the report on micro plastic in our environment, oceans, rivers and also our tap water as some major cities desalinate ocean water into our drinking water (As does in Melbourne direct into Cardinia Dam), along with the obvious environmental leaching. This report found that the micro plastic particles can also carry pathogens and have a reported size of approx 2.5 micron as scientist world wide test results have revealed. To assure the safety and effectiveness of the Black Berkey® Purification Elements to remove these micro particles is found in the extensive testing of many independent laboratories that exceed the NSF 42 & 53 standard. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements test results prove a Log 4 (99.99%) Log 5 (99.999%) Log 6 (99.9999%) and Log 9 (99.9999999%), the micro pores of the Black Berkey® Purification Elements are reported as small as 0.1 micron but also remove as small as by laboratory results prove
The MS-2 virus is 24-26 nm in size
The Fr Coliphage virus is 25nm in size
24 nm (nanometer = .024 micron)
which far exceeds this problem and safety of your drinking water. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements exceeds the filtration class and are classified as a Purifier. More information is available on the product pages Filter Spec Tabs along with multiple in-depth PDF lab reports. You can also read about Black Berkey® Purification Elements micron rating here.
"We hope this helps with your due diligence when choosing a water purifier for your home"
Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water purification, backed by independent testing (In-depth result study links below)
- The Black Berkey® Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Durability: Each Black Berkey® Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons (11,000 liters ) of water or up to 3 years before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons (22,000 liters ) of water or up to 6 years before replacement is recommended
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, prorated warranty
Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove or reduce:
- Bad odors and taste, transforms municipal mains water into water that tastes sweet and pure
- Chlorine plus Ammonia = Chloramines to below lab detectable levels
- Detergents, Chemicals
Reduces PFOA & PFOS greater than >99.9%
Viruses: Removed to >99.999% (Log 5) MS2 Coliphage - Fr Coliphage *Exceeds purification standards (Log 4)
Parasites, Protozoa greater than >99.999% (Log 5) giardia, cryptosporidium
Pathogenic Bacteria (And Surrogates): Removed to >99.9999% (Log 6) Raoultella terrigena (Pathogenic Bacteria Surrogate); Bacillus atrophaues (Anthrax Surrogate); Salmonella Enterica *Exceeds purification standard (Log 6)
Inorganic Minerals Chloramine; Chloride; Chlorine Residual (Total Residual Chlorine); Free Chlorine *Removed to Below Lab Detectable Limits
Heavy Metals (High & Low pH Levels) Aluminum (>99%); Antimony (>99.9%); Barium (>80%); Beryllium (>99.9%); Bismuth (>99.9%); Cadmium (>99.7%); Cobalt (>95%); Chromium (>99.9%); Chromium 6 (>99.85%); Copper (>99.9%); Iron (>99.9%); Lead (>99.9%); Mercury (>99.9%); Molybdenum (>90%); Nickel (>99.9%); Vanadium (>87.5%); Zinc (>99.9%)
Trihalomethanes: Removed to >99.8% Bromodichloromethane; Bromoform; Chloroform: Dibromochloromethane (Below Lab Detectable Limits):
Micro-Organisms: Removed to >99.9% Including: Total Coliform, Fecal Coliform, e.Coli
Pharmaceutical Drug Contaminants: Removed to >99.9% Acetaminophen; Caffeine; Carbamazepine; Ciprofloxacin HCl; Erythromycin USP; Sulfamethoxazole; Trimethoprim; Bisphenol A; Diclofenac Sodium; 4-para-Nonylphenol; 4-tert-Octylphenol; Primidone; Progestrone; Gemfibrozil; Ibuprofen; Naproxen Sodium; Triclosan.
- Cloudiness, silt and sediment. You can filter creek, river, tank, fish pond and dam water
- Herbicides and Pesticides (Removed to Below Lab Detectable Limits)
Also; Arsenic (>99.9%); Escherichia coli (E. Coli) (>99.999%); Fluorene (>99.9%); Manganese (>99.9%); MBAS (>96.67%); Nitrites (>95%); PCB’s (>99.9%); Petroleum Products (Gasoline, Diesel, Crude Oil, Kerosene, Mineral Spirits, Refined Oil- All >99.9%); Selenium (>99.9%); Thallium (>99.5%); Rust; Silt; Sediment; Turbidity; Foul Tastes and Odors.
Click on links below for a more in-depth lab results study
I was really quite surprised when I read this review, the benefits of gravity filters and the time spent passing over the media to purify the water appears much better than the pressure type by this author.
The Katadyn Hiker Pro is is middle of the road when it comes to pump-type filters. It is relatively inexpensive and can treat a moderate volume of water in its filter's lifetime (750). It is on the heavy side and we found it's unique handle more difficult to pump with than traditional filter handles. Generally, we prefer gravity filters over this type of pump.
Click here for web reference