What comes in the box?
1 x Berkey Earth® 9" Single Filter Element
- Sold as a single filter element
- The most powerful gravity-fed element in the Filtration class, backed by independent testing
- Filtration class: Micro-Filtration Technology. Tested to reduce contaminants to bacterial level
- Chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, VOC’s, THM’s, heavy metals and more are easily reduced to 99.9%
- Proprietary formula comprised of Diatomaceous Earth, granulated activated carbon and other media components, designed to exceed filtration standards
- Each Berkey Earth® Filtration Element will filter up to 3,000 gallons of water or last up to 3 years, before replacement is needed.
- With 4 elements (in a Big Berkey® system), the 9” elements can produce flow rate of up to 1.5 gallons per hour or up to 36 gallons of water in 24 hours
- With 4 elements (in an Imperial Berkey® system), the 4 x 9” elements can produce flow rate of up to .5 gallons (1.8 litres) per hour or up to 12 gallons (45 Litres) of water in 24 hours as per Berkey knowledge base (Tests conditions were carried out with a continual topping up of the upper chamber always maintaining a constant head pressure to maximise flow and prefiltered water used to prevent premature slowing. Normal filtering of town water can vary depending on water quality conditions. As a note with a water level of 12 inches a head pressure of .434 psi is achieved delivering maximum flow rate conditions, the Berkey Earth® Filtration Elements deliver outstanding filtration results as per links below, the comparison to the Black Berkey® Purification Elements will always prove that Black Berkey® Purification Elements can be up to 8 x faster than all Ceramic Diatomaceous Earth filters on the market today and maintain a significant level of water purification due to it's greater porosity of the solid carbon block via millions of pores as small as 0.1 micron or as the lab tested results have proven to remove contaminants as small as .024 micron equal to 24 nanometers.)
- Ideal for the price-conscious consumer to get started with a highly efficient filter system, at a more affordable price
- Economical entry price affords those who would like to upgrade to the more powerful Black Berkey® Purification Elements down the road, the ability to get an effective and economical system now and then upgrade later
- Available in 7” and 9” sizes
- Compatible with PF-4™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements
Click Here For Berkey Earth® Element Independent Lab Test Results
NMCL Berkey Knowledge Base FAQ